Glossary of Terms

Moidfy means to change. The plaintiff or the defendant may ask the court to make specific changes to an Order of Protection (OP) or an Injunction Against Harassment (IAH). If the judicial officer agrees and makes the change at a hearing, the OP or the IAH is considered "modified." A modified OP or IAH must be served on the defendant again.